Nest Bedding is a relatively new manufacturer now making waves in the bedding industry. Family owned and operating out of Albany, California, the company was established in 2011. It prides itself in being the producer of a selection of well reviewed products focusing on organic and healthy fabrication methods. Actually, the Nest Alexander Hybrid Mattress is not a single product. A number of variations are produced. The core principle is the combining of a number of different fabric and materials layers each into a unique variant.
Nest Alexander Hybrid Mattress Variants
Nest bedding produces seven lines of mattresses for adults. Not all of these are hybrids. below, we feature a number of adult size mattresses in production.
1) Alexander Signature Hybrid
A hybrid mattress usually combines steel coils and memory foam. I this case, coils are individually wrapped, with added edge support coils for support. The layers consist of three memory foam levels atop coils and a bottom layer of base foam. Copper infused foam is used for this luxury product. The cells of the material are of a Thermic phase Change Cooling Fabric which absorbs and then disperses heat out of the mattress. The foam layers are aerated, which also prevents the overheating common to many lower quality memory foam mattresses. The Alexander Signature Hybrid is composed of the following layers:
- 0.25″ 4 lb. Gel Infused Memory Foam & Super Soft Quilted Thermic Phase Change Fabric
- 3″ 3.5 lb. Medium TitanChill Endurance Foam®
- 1″ 3 lb. SmartFlow Support Foam
- 8″ Quantum Edge Pocketed Support Coils
- 1″ 3 lb. Base Support Foam
2) The Nest Bedding Hybrid Latex
Latex matresses are gaining popularity because they offer a natural, organic alternative to chemical laden types of memory foam. latex is derived from the sap of the rubber tree, Hevea brasiliensis. A number of the negative properties of memory foam: off-gassing, overheating, for exmaple, are not present in latex.
The Nest Bedding Hybrid Latex offers great breathability and healthy support. The mattress comes with a lifetime warranty, which is not common in this market. It also comes with what the company calls a “Lifetime Comfort Guarantee”, which allows qualified customers to purchase a Nest Bedding mattress years down the road at half price. The mattress is made up of the following layers:
- A cover composed of Organic Stretch Knit Cotton & Joma Wool
- 1.5″, 1.5 lb of Eco FLex Quilting Foam
- 3″ of 27ILD-Medium Oeko-tex which is Certified Dunlop Latex
- 1″, 1.5lb of Eco-Friendly Comfort Foam
- 6″ of Caliber Edge Coil Support Pocketed Coils
- 1″, 1.5lb of Support Foam